- The collection, processing, and use of personal data by running.COACH are subject to the applicable data protection regulations of Switzerland.
- running.COACH reserves the right to provide personal data for scientific purposes in anonymized form for research purposes.
Apart from that, personal data collected by running.COACH is solely used to enable registration-required services on the running.COACH platform. The following service providers are used:
- DigitalOcean (Hosting)
- Amazon (Hosting)
- Mailchimp (Newsletter Delivery)
- Sendgrid (Delivery of System Notifications)
- For user-friendly purposes, profile data may be shared internally with the sister products 2PEAK & viRACE.
- No user data is shared with independent third parties.
- In addition to registration information, running.COACH users can voluntarily provide additional information in their profile settings.
- A running.COACH user can invite other individuals to join running.COACH. running.COACH processes the personal data collected during invitations solely for that purpose.
- running.COACH regularly sends newsletters to all users. These newsletters inform users about new features of the platform, blogs, events, and more.
- Cookies are used on the running.COACH platform to identify the user during the visit. Access data is stored in a log file with each page request. The stored data record includes the IP address, remote host, time, status, amount of data transmitted, referring page, and product and version information of the used browser (User-Agent).
- The process for deleting an account and handling personal user data and contributions on the running.COACH platform is regulated in the Terms and Conditions.
Use of the running.COACH Mobile App
The Mobile App can be used to track your training. Location data is recorded. Once you run with the app and save your training, the route you ran is sent to the running.COACH server. You can delete this data at any time. To perform tracking even when the screen is locked, we need access to your location with the setting "Always." running.COACH will not track your device's location if you are not using running.COACH. If you want to stop tracking your device's location, you can change this in the device settings at any time.
Information that running.COACH Stores
running.COACH stores information about you, including information that identifies you directly or indirectly when you choose to share it with running.COACH. We receive information in various ways, including when you track, complete, or upload activities using running.COACH or partner services. running.COACH also stores information about how you use the service.
Account, Profile, Activity, and Usage Information
We collect basic account information like your name, email address, date of birth, gender, weight, username, and password to secure your access to our services and provide you with the best possible service.
Profile, activity, and usage data are collected about you when you upload an activity (including date, time, geolocation information, as well as speed, pace, heart rate, and performance data), supplement your equipment usage, or use the services in other ways.
We use your contact information to respond to your support requests and comments.
Connected Devices and Apps
running.COACH collects information from devices and apps that you connect to running.COACH. For example, when you connect your Garmin watch or Garmin Connect to running.COACH, information from these devices and apps is transmitted to running.COACH.
If you make a payment on running.COACH, you may provide payment information such as your payment card or other payment details. We use Payment Card Industry-compliant third-party payment services, and we do not store your credit card information.
running.COACH allows you to sign in and log in to the services using accounts you create with third-party products and services like Facebook, Google, or Strava (collectively, "Third-Party Accounts"). When you access the services using Third-Party Accounts, we collect information you have agreed to provide, such as your name, email address, profile information, and preferences. This information is collected by the provider of the Third-Party Account and provided to running.COACH under its privacy policies. You can typically control these sources' information through privacy settings in your Third-Party Account.
Technical Information and Log Files
We collect information from your browser, computer, or mobile device that provides us with technical information when you access or use the services. This technical information includes device and network information, cookies, log files, and analytics data.
The services use log files. Information stored in these files includes IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, manage, protect, and secure the services, track overall user movements, and collect general demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses may be linked to session IDs, user IDs, and device identifiers.
Google Analytics Privacy Notice
For more information, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de or https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/ (general information about Google Analytics and privacy). We would like to point out that Google Analytics on this website has been extended with the code 'gat._anonymizeIp();' to ensure anonymous collection of IP addresses (so-called IP masking).
Alternatively, you can click this link to disable Google Analytics within this website in the future (the opt-out only works in this browser and only for this domain): Disable Google Analytics. An opt-out cookie will be stored on your device. If you delete your cookies in this browser, you will need to click this link again.